About the Premier Partner Program
The Premier level of Google’s Partner Program, as the name suggests, is the highest. The higher the level, the fewer the members – specifically, Premier Partners are the top 3% of all Google Partners.
In 2018 Google approached us to inform us that they had been tracking our agency performance and that we had unwittingly triggered into their Top 1% of the Top 3%. It provides us with even more support from Google, which benefits our valued clients.
In 2019 the Managing Director of our Paid Search Division, Jack Porter-Smith was invited to join the Google Agency Executive Council for Canada. At the first council meeting last November 2019 Jack was asked to present how our agency became the pinnacle (Google’s words, not ours) of in-person educational events at Google.
Why this Matters for You
We have run joint paid search education in virtually every Google Office across North America, and Angelina joined us at all of those events as the Google presenter of the Google Executive Academy. This year, we had to run our events remotely and selected smaller more frequent webinars.
Here is a recording of Angelina’s most recent webinar Google ran for WSI World:
Research by McKinsey and Company conducted in May 2020 shows that decisions made now can have an impact at a later date. During this webinar, we looked to the future, and how you can use digital marketing and pay-per-click (PPC) to boost the success of your business.
The key themes emerging in the current landscape for consumers are:
- 56% of consumers prefer to hop on-line and have minimum time in-store.
- Three out of ten B2B and B2C consumers have bought different brands.
- 72% of consumers are now shopping online and making different buying decisions.
- 60% of US consumers are shopping the same of more than before, even in the current economic climate.
- COVID has accelerated the shift to digital for B2B decision makers.
- Habits formed today will become the norm in the future, and decisions made during COVID will need to be sustained into the future.
There are two core strategies that businesses can follow:
- The store-centric approach. This provides consumers with the information they need and is ideal for dentistry, law firms. and retailers, etc, that require that hands-on experience.
- The omni-channel approach. The omni -channel approach allows the consumer multiple touchpoints with your business. For example, they can interact with a business on social media, You Tube, etc, and is ideal for every business.
Reactivate and Accelerate Sales
The aim of reactivating and accelerating sales is to drive growth in the ever-changing landscape. Google provides tools that can help drive those results.
- Google Trends (can be narrowed down to your country or region)
- Performance Planner (available within Google Ads)
- Optimization Score (available within Google Ads)
- Google tips on Think with Google (available in multiple countries)
All tools are constantly updated and are available now. The work that you put in now will have a huge impact for the future and that engaging with customers in a digital way is the future.
How We Can Help!
With the assistance of WSI Paid Search, you can boost your PPC and other paid marketing strategies for noticeable results. For more information on optimizing PPC and other digital marketing strategies, contact Heidi here and she will guide you through the consultation process free of charge with no obligation to buy..